A “Just Transition” ensures that all Californians share in the health and economic benefits of a low-carbon economy. Executive Order N-79-20 directs OPR and LWDA figure out what that means in practice and to chart a path forward by July 2021.
The Just Transition Roadmap is not the last word: It is the beginning of much longer, community-directed transition to a high road economy – one that builds a California for All by focusing on job quality, equity, sustainability, and regions-up planning.
Save the date for Roadmap workshops on May 4, 5, and 6. All sessions will be virtual; the 7/6 meeting will be in the evening. Time and registration details coming soon.
Participants will identify priorities for the Just Transition Roadmap, and lay the groundwork for future action along its five (5) primary vectors:
- Economic Diversification & High Road Job Creation
- Industrial Planning for economic transition
- Safety Net Innovation to support impacted workers and communities
- Workforce Development once high road jobs identified and/or created
- Regional & Industry Partnership Development to design and implement all of the above
Sign up for updates and announcements from our Just Transition email list